life is always about the journey...

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fun Fall Ideas


Fall Decor & Yummies!

Fall is coming...I can't say I'm overly thrilled...I like fall but it usually means that a cold winter is directly behind it.  I don't DO the cold...I absolutely hate it...it slows me down and I don't enjoy it at all.  I'm a warm weather girl living in a 4 season state..oy LOL!

However I do enjoy fall football, Halloween, fall decor, yummy fall recipes and fires in the fireplace.
I can't deny that!

I used to go ALL out each Halloween...we did a full spooky house theme with front yard graveyard and music and the whole 9 yards.  However my kids are now teens and not interested in it so much anymore.  They don't trick-or-treat and usually hang out with friends or go to the movies nowadays.  So most of those decorations haven't come out lately (to the disappointment of the neighborhood kids but it was A LOT of work and I've run out of steam for that...shhh I'm getting old I guess)...so I've switched to a more elegant, fall decor for outside and inside.

So I'm sharing a few pins that I've pinned on Pinterest lately to get me in FALL MODE and give me some ideas of some things I want to do around my house.  These are ideas that aren't over the top, not expensive to make and make your home that much more fall-licious!
Some have links, others were google serach pics that had no links but hope
they get you in FALL mode as well!!  Enjoy!


{google}
Everything about this photo screams SPOOKY FUN!
I love each detail but especially BOO spelled out in fun metallic letters with a crooked
broom underneath...too cool!



Love these fall candle holders made with corn husks from 


{photo courtesy of magazine Better Homes & Gardens}
Love this idea, will be trying my hand at this for sure.
I can easily cut vinyl on my Silhouette for Pumpkins for the front porch!
Now to find me a cool vintage wheelbarrow...hmmmmm!


Love this centerpiece idea and not costly either
Spray Paint your pumpkins white and then wrap a faux or real
fall vine around them, add some candles and ta-da...beautiful!


Chocolate Kiss Acorns...so cute!  Kisses, Vanilla Mini Wafers
and caramel chips! (from busymodernfamily)


How cute are these pumpkin rice krispie treats? Easy to make
and perfect for adults kids and parties!  YUMMY!


Think I may make a wreath like this for my front door.
Some faux hydrangea blooms in fall colors, some leaves, a wreath frame and some ribbon.
Beautiful!



Fall Decor the Easy Way...add a few fall branches or blooms
to a beautiful urn or pitcher and place around your house.
Fall Delight!


Tailgating Food or Football Viewing Food
Because you know I'm part of a large football watching family
(Go Skins & Ravens)
And we have people over to watch the games outside on the patio, with a blazing fire and some yummy foods.  So I'm always pinning cool recipes that can be eaten with one hand easily!
And next year I think we will be doing some tailgating at U of SC (go Gamecocks) when Alexa is attending college there ;)

Mini flatbread pizzas (google)





What's your favorite way to decorate for Fall?




Share:

2 comments

  1. Love your fall inspiration pix, Suzanne! Living for the last 9 years in the AZ desert I don't get to see the changing fall landscape you do and I miss it...Love the colors of autumn! I think I may try some of the décor and yummy eats ideas you shared. Hope to see pix of your fall creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were all great ideas, which I may have to use for my Bunco group!!

    Don't know how you keep up with both blogs.......but I enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig